For many people Health Insurance is well down the list of priorities. In fact, the majority of New Zealanders believe in insuring their cars and possessions before their own health. Bizarre, right?
Health Insurance enables you to take control of your health so that medical conditions can be treated promptly, at a convenient time and location, and with your choice of medical provider.
Here are 3 reasons we know you’re worth it!
- Your health is the most important thing in your life, full stop! Just think, without good health where would you be? What would your lifestyle be like? Would you have the time and energy you need? Would you be able to bring in an income? What or whom would you have to rely on? Good health is what provides us with vitality and energy for life. It’s a vital part of our happiness and well-being as humans, and we think this is a basic need that everybody should have access to.
- You work hard, so you deserve the best chance. Whether you’re employed or your job is to care for your family, we know you must be working hard in life. As a result we think you deserve to have access to the best possible care to enable you to look after yourself. If your job is physically demanding, we recommend looking at health insurance sooner rather than later – ideally before you wind up with long-term damage.
- Look after yourself, so that you can look after others. Life in a family and the community at large means we all rely on each other in some way, shape or form. Looking after yourself and your health is the first way you can provide for others. An unhealthy you is not going to be able to give 100% to those who need or rely on you, so if you won’t do it for yourself, consider doing it for them!
Did you know?
Typical treatment costs
These are costs you could expect to pay if you’re treated in a private hospital without health insurance:
Are you guilty of these 3 common misconceptions about Health Insurance?
- “I’m covered by New Zealand’s public health system”
- “ACC will cover me”
- “I’m generally a healthy person so don’t need it”
Read here to learn why these thoughts on health insurance are woefully misguided!
So, do you think you might be worth it now?
We hope this article has got you thinking. When considering any insurance of course there is lots to consider and it’s worth weighing it up in the context of your own unique situation.
Our Insurance Advisers are available for a no-obligation chat to help you determine which protection may be right for you. We have comprehensive training in this area and have read all of the fine-print so that you don’t have to.
We’ll be able to match you with the right product with the best benefits for your needs, and help you with the paperwork should you choose to take out some cover.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Still need convincing?
Wow you really drive a hard bargain! Check out some of our awesome, down-to-earth Insurance Advisers who can help with weighing everything up:
- Sue Daulby, Insurance Adviser
- Ian Fraser, Insurance Adviser
- Jeremy Cole, Insurance Adviser / Director
- Tania Heighway, Mortgage & Insurance Adviser (Wairoa & Gisborne)
Talk to us today – your health will thank you for it!